2023 San Mateo County Farm Bureau Scholarship Program
The San Mateo County Farm Bureau announced that it is now accepting applications for its 2023 Scholarship Program. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, March 17, 2023.
- Be a San Mateo County Farm Bureau member, dependent or collegiate (youth) member.
- Be currently attending college or graduating high school senior who will be attending college the following year and majoring in an agriculture-related subject.
Click here for the Online Scholarship Form.
Click here to print out the Scholarship Application 2023
Completed applications should be mailed to the San Mateo County Farm Bureau office (765 Main St., Suite F, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019). The deadline for mailing the completed applications if Friday, March 17, 2023.
Since 2012, the organization has partnered with American AgCredit to present scholarships to students from San Mateo County who are majoring in an agriculture related field.
The 2020 recipients were:
Each of the three recipients received a $2,000 award.
For more information about the San Mateo County Farm Bureau Scholarship Program, please contact Executive Director Jess Brown at (831) 818-1193, or email: email@example.com
Farm Bureau staff represents members at all levels of government. The American Farm Bureau Federation covers national issues, the California Farm Bureau Federation keeps an eye on state laws, and locally Farm Bureau staff represents the needs of farmers and ranchers in regional and local issues.
If you have questions on political matters, contact Farm Bureau staff at (650) 726-4485 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on a link below to learn more about other issues:
- Up-to-date information on current and proposed water quality regulations affecting our county
- Assistance completing regulatory forms (NOIs, etc) and/or answering questions from the Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Assistance completing farm/ranch water quality plans
- Assistance finding funding for implementing management/ conservation practices that protect water quality (e.g., buffer strips, solar pumps to facilitate off-stream watering, erosion control projects, hedgerows, etc.)
- Assistance to sign up for free on-farm nutrient and irrigation efficiency evaluations
- Periodic updates on monitoring results in your area
- Watershed working group meetings to identify and implement projects that would improve water quality in your area
- Information on upcoming water quality/monitoring workshops and continuing education opportunities
For more information, contact us at (650) 726-4485